We take data privacy seriously and are very conscious of and respect your privacy.
Accordingly, we follow relevant best practices and applicable legal requirements. Your personal data is used only in accordance with our Data Policy as set out below. By subscribing to or continuing to use any of our services, you thereby accept this policy and agree it will apply.
- Security – all data we collect is kept secure, under strict access controls. We require those persons handling such data (including staff and third-party contractors) to meet strict rules of confidentiality, and we require them to strictly comply with this Data Policy and the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. We treat data security seriously.
- Reasons for needing your data – we need such data to effectively communicate with out clients and operate our subscriber base and to provide you with subscriber benefits and services, including regular communications, updates and special offers. Failure to provide relevant data to us will mean that we cannot provide you with such benefits and services.
- Purposes for which your personal data may be used will vary (depending on what new/unusual/ creative offers we devise to offer to our subscribers) and will include the following:
- to contact and regularly keep in touch with subscribers and notify them about news, events, promotions and other benefits. This includes regularly providing selected design and web-related news, products, activities, promotions and other information that we find interesting
- to build, operate, update, maintain and improve/refine our subscriber databases
- to respond to any enquiry, order or other request received via email
- to promote and market design and web-related news, products, activities, promotions and other information from third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to meet our obligations to or under any legal or governmental body or requirement
- other related purposes, which are featured on our website from time to time (www.pclis.hk/)
- Opt out – anyone who no longer wishes to be included in our database may (at no cost) request removal of their details by emailing info@PCLIS.hk. Such requests are processed fast, as PCL Insurance Services strives to avoid sending unwanted communications.
- We may transfer your personal data to:
- different divisions of PCL Insurance Services
- our selected service providers (eg, for database management and email circulation and operational, administrative and similar functions). All such providers are carefully pre-selected, made subject to strict confidentiality requirements and are required to uphold our Data Policy and the law
- any legal, regulatory or governmental body or pursuant to any of their requirements that are binding to us
- any prospective acquirer, successor, transferee of or participant in relation to all or part of our business
- a supplier (or other person) for fulfilment of a booking/order/etc made via your subscription
- any other body or person who is under legally-binding duties of confidentiality
- Unless you have specifically consented, we won’t transfer your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We pledge to safeguard your personal data and ensure it is maintained confidentially and under high standards of security. In doing this, we require compliance by our staff, our contractors and other relevant persons within these standards.
- Your duties – for your part, please do remember you need to:
- promptly update us of changes in your contact details in order to enable prompt updating of our records
- safeguard against unauthorised or other misuse of your email and any relevant password(s)
- act reasonably and meet applicable conditions and requirements we set for activities, events, promotions and other subscriber/member activities
- We reserve the right to accept or reject any request for subscription and, once granted, to curtail or terminate it (with or without prior notice), where considered necessary.
- We retain your personal data as long as the purpose for its collection continues. Generally, we will remove your data after realising it is no longer correct (eg, receipts of "unknown recipient" auto-generated email replies) or within 90 days after cessation of your subscription or membership.
- Policy review – we keep this (and our other policies) under review. When made, changes will appear on our website and subscribers will be notified by email or another alert. This does not reduce or limit your rights under applicable Hong Kong laws.
- Access and update rights – you have the right to request:
- to receive a copy if we hold data about you (upon payment of a reasonable fee)
- a data correction
- to be informed of the kind of data we hold and of our data policies and practices
- Such requests should be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer at info@PCLIS.hk
We hope you find our Data Policy to be clear and fair, but please contact our Data Protection Officer at info@PCLIS.hk if you have any questions.